Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The magic of a common day

I don’t know why we take early morning classes at this point in our lives, but yeah sure come over, let’s head out together in the morning. Oh wait, school is closed because of the snow storm. Well then!
We got tonight, let us do something with it! Let us be posers, chose a social stereotype and conform to it. Let us be geeks, we can watch all Star Wars movies, buy cat T-shirts and play video games. We could be Goths, wear black, eyeliner, and listen to heavy metal. Or we could just talk, or make plans, or simply dream.
Heck, let us be college students! Let us be 20-something, let us make bad choices, let us lecture each other. Let us finish this bottle of wine, let me just get the fancy glasses. Now, talk. Tell me about your mother, tell me about your sisters and brother. Tell me about school and work, about your day and your night. Tell me about your week, your health, your hair – yes it does look amazing – and are those new shoes? Tell me about your friends, old and new. Tell me about your joys, tell me your heartaches. Tell me a joke, tell me a story, tell me something I don’t know, ask me questions. You are funny, you are awesome, you are great. You enrich my life. Now is that the red wine talking? Well, regardless. Talk to me. Shoot me with your wisdom. Now shut up and listen.
Does it make sense to sleep on couches with plenty of comfortable beds available? Did you sleep well? It’s way past noon, should we get up? There’s no rush...
Come, have breakfast with me. Bread and avocados sounds good. Would you like salt on yours? I take mine with sugar. Yeah, I guess it’s a cultural thing. How do you take your coffee? I like mine dark and bitter, like my soul. Yeah, that’s a me thing. Let us listen to my favorite songs as you recite to me your favorite book. Let us talk some more, then… about men, about women, about school, about work, about family, about our past, about our future. Let us talk about sex. Let us finish each other's sentences, let us laugh, let us giggle. Let us discuss the perfect marriage proposal. Wow, I didn't know I had it in me to be romantic! You live, you learn.

Just listen to that banjo!

Let us venture into the snow, it’s beautiful out! Maybe next time, I’ll just stay in today. Oh, you’re leaving already? Baby, it’s cold outside, don’t forget your jacket. Thanks for the night! Come back again! It’s too cold to open the window to scream your name as you walk by.
Oh, before you go, let us make a deal: The day we stop learning from each other is the day we can no longer be friends.

See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment